Who we are
Our website address is https://digitaledgemedia.ca.
What personal data do we collect and why do we collect it?
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
We will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. when you log inLogin cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves inexactlys if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who do we share your data with?
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long do we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where do we send your data?
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide Digital Edge Media services to you;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, or concerns;
- Notify you about changes or updates to Digital Edge Media and other products and services, including those belonging to related third parties;
- Provide you special offers and other information about related events, products, and services and to invite you to participate in surveys, competitions, and promotions, as determined by your choices of communications preferences;
- Evaluate and improve Digital Edge Media and other products and services and to develop new products or services;
- Identify and analyze usage trends and determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- Provide technical, product, and other support and help keep Digital Edge Media services working, safe and secure; and
- Comply with our legal obligations
How do we protect your data?
Your data is protected via Wordfence Security extension for WordPress.
What data breach procedures do we have in place?
You will be notified of any data breach within 30 days of being aware of a breach in security.
What third parties do we receive data from?
We receive data from HotJar, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and HubSpot.